Welcome!

Hello & Welcome!

My blog contains my As Media Portfolio with all the work that I have completed so far in AS Media. I add and upload work onto my blog quite often, so keep checking in for any updates.

Also, if you have any questions, feedback or improvements that could be made please feel free to leave comments, as your thoughts would be very helpful.

I hope that you thoroughly enjoy exploring my blog and thanks for visiting

See ya later

Heather-Jean Aromin
=]

Tuesday 9 December 2008

Preliminary Task: Front Cover



This is a print screen of a magazine front cover called ‘The Bishop Star’, which I have created for sixth formers at Bishop Challoner. I will be explaining how I produced the magazine and pointing out ways, in which it could be improved. For the production of my magazine, I used Adobe Illustrator CS3; I also used Adobe Photoshop CS3 for the editing of images. I made use of a variety of tools such as, magnetic tool, marquee tool, magic wand and type tool. Furthermore, from looking at the magazine, I can see that there are several ways in which it could be improved. For example, the main image looks quite normal and plain, in which I could airbrush the image to make it look more appealing. Moreover, I think that the colours used on my magazine are not very bold, therefore does not make the front cover stand out at all; this could easily be improved by using bold colours so that it would appeal to the target audience more. Also, I could add some ‘puffs’ and some ‘buzz words’ to make the magazine look more professional and appealing to the reader.


No comments: